stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Random Thoughts

  • It turns out that my perception of women checking me out as I run was just wishful thinking. During yesterday's run I noticed just as many guys turning their heads to look. Bummer, although the guy with the Mercedes convertible was kind of hot, though.
  • I really need to time my runs better. I wound up going out mid afternoon right about the time they let the kids out of the High School down the street. Two problems with this, the first is that I've got to share the sidewalk, and the second is a bizarre fear that if I keep running past the school when the kids are coming out I'll find myself on some potential pedophile list.
  • Anybody other than me bothered by that new commercial for the Toyota Sequoia? The guy comes home and greets his family who are all too absorbed in whatever media they are involved in to even acknowledge that "Pop" is home. The next thing you see is everybody (& the dog) piling into the Toyota, and driving deeper and deeper into the woods. The first time I saw this I thought "My God...he's driving deep into the woods because he is going to murder his entire family!" Luckily, I was wrong although if I have to watch the commercial too many more times I'll be rooting for the slaughter scenario. Speaking of mass murder, what better time is there than now to trot out this old link: Programming Language Inventor or Serial Killer?
  • One of my co-workers takes great pleasure in reminding me on an almost daily basis of how old I am, even-though I never revealed the actual figure to her. I've brought in on myself, since I love to throw obscure references into a conversation or discussion. In the last few days I've made references to Al Haig, Leon Klinghoffer, and A Clockwork Orange, all of which were met with "polite" laughter which is usually a sure sign that she didn't get it. Later, she told me "John, you have to remember that I was only 5 when that happened." Gee, I feel real fine now.
  • || JM, 7:01 AM

    1 Comments:

    Sounds like she's flirting with you! tk
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:50 PM  

    Post a Comment