stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

PMS For Dudes?



Being the spineless, mindless, couch-riding, web-surfing schlub that I am, I couldn't help but to sit up a bit straighter and take notice that the term "Irritable Male Syndrome" spiked into the "spicy" category on Google Trends after author Jed Diamond appeared on the CBS Early Show to hawk his book of the same name. It describes changes in male body chemistry and behavior that occur as men age; essentially "male menopause".

For a guy like me with psychosomatic tendencies, this can't be good news. I'm the guy, who when I read about "flesh-eating disease", was convinced that I had it, despite the absence of rotting flesh. With all the horrible news we're bombarded with on a daily basis, we need more things to worry about these days? But this video from WhatYouOughtToKnow helped talk me down from the ledge. Just a bit. Then I took the The Irritable Male Syndrome Quiz and suddenly became angry again.
|| JM, 12:08 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment