stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Monday, March 31, 2008

Tasty!

A new venture "brought to you by the bringers of I Can Has Cheezburger?" is called GraphJam: Pop culture for people in cubicles (VIA Wired). This looks to be a fun time waster that combines pop-culture tidbits with graphical representations. And, like the LOLcats site, they will give you a helping hand to get you started.

Although yummy indeed, Cake (the band) "IS" touring now, but sadly I missed the leg of the tour through this neck of the woods. An alternative band incorporating a variety of styles and influences, they've put out a ton of good stuff that I never get tired of hearing. Too bad that we'll have to wait until this fall for a new studio album.

I'm continually amazed that when I talk to people about the group, many act like they've never heard of them. Although mentioning their hit from the 90's Going The Distance usually gets most people to remember. Either that, or they just want me to shut up. Just in case YOU need a refresher...


|| JM, 12:12 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment