stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Running Thoughts

Since it's largely another "I got nuttin' day" for blogging, a few observations from todays' run:

  • I've got to make sure I time it so I don't run into the 80 year old crossing guard, who stops traffic for me and makes me feel like I'm 9 years old.
  • Saw some interesting things that have potential for a photo-blogging entry, but I was too lazy to stop and whip-out the camera phone. Maybe next time.
  • Now that school is back, the old men have returned and reclaimed the tennis court in the park. I much preferred the MILFy group that was there in the summer months.
  • We are barely out of August, and the township has already placed those flagpole type attachments to the fireplugs so that the snowplows don't run them down. Nice bit of buzzkill to remind us that summer is over. But we are set if we get one of those infrequent September blizzards.
  • How desperate are you if you stop and ask ME for directions? Not only one, but two people made this tragic mistake today. Even before GPS, I couldn't really give directions too well since I'm primarily landmark driven and don't really know street names. But my frustration today was that after I gave the 2nd guy directions he asks me "Is my truck too heavy for that street?" Great, NOW I have to know not only directions but municipal regulations as well!
  • || JM, 9:33 PM

    3 Comments:

    That is a serious buzzkill. I'm still begging my kids to go sit on the beach w/me. They seem ready to move on. whats up w/that?
    Blogger Mary, at 3:19 PM  
    hey for having nothing to blog about this sure was a fun post! My mom was one of those gray haired crossing guards for years. She hated crossing adults but had to.
    Blogger Bar L., at 11:07 PM  
    "I've got to make sure I time it so I don't run into the 80 year old crossing guard, who stops traffic for me and makes me feel like I'm 9 years old."

    Hysterical! Crossing gaurds are the WORST! I drive a school bus and everyday I encounter a crossing gaurd who walks into the middle of the intersection to DIRECT traffic. Just cross the kids lady! I know how to stop at a stop sign. UGH!

    I want to play tennis again. I've only gotten to the thinking about it stage. I should act on it so I can become a "Milfy" type. :D
    Blogger Liz, at 4:15 PM  

    Post a Comment