stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tune Talk

I'm beginning to obsess over all the rumors swirling about concerning the upcoming announcement of The Next iPod. The graphics lend credence to the theory that it will be the long rumored OS X based wide screen wifi iPod with the album scrolling feature as found on the iPhone. On the other hand, it could just be the rollout of The Beatles catalog, or the debut of a wireless iTunes store. I've got my fingers crossed for the phoneless iPhone, so I can replace the one that just bit the dust. Thank goodness I've got the shuffle, or I'd really be jonesing.

But I had a bit of a surprise when I opened up iTunes today and saw a new folder entitled "Arthur's Frostwire" in the playlist panel. When I clicked it open there are 2596 new songs that I could now play. Perhaps I shouldn't use the term "new" since most of the songs were pre-90's vintage, but it was still a lot of fun to poke through somebody else's stuff. It makes me nostalgic for the grand 'ol days of Napster when you could explore other peoples music library. With the convergence of RIAA lawsuits, people posting mislabeled or corrupted files, and the emergence of iTunes as a safe and convenient alternative, I haven't done the P2P stuff for the longest time, but I wish that iTunes offered this feature to satisfy my voyeuristic urges; a great way to discover great new stuff.

One I did discover, which really didn't qualify as great would be a tune called "Walkin' My Cat Named Dog", apparently released (or escaped) in 1966 based on the album art. Thank goodness this isn't one of those songs that gets stuck in your head.
|| JM, 12:14 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment