stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Things That Piss Me Off

For no particular reason, this seems like a good time for a wide ranging "mini-rant" about a few things that bug me:
  • Those people who ask you "Can I ask you a question?" I hate to break it to you, you already did. Wanna go for two?
  • Although a possible duplication, those who want to "AX" you a question. To quote Samuel L. Jackson "English... Do You Speak It?"
  • Those who ask me "Do You know what I'm thinking?" No, if I did I'm sure I'd be headlining in Vegas or something other than what I'm doing now.
  • Door to door sales attempts. Sort of like personalized spam, and just about as effective. You've ruined the tranquility of my home AND you expect me to give YOU, a total stranger money? Good luck with that!
  • Only slightly higher on the food chain are those people who drive down the street and throw bagged advertising flyers on my driveway. Perhaps, I should follow them home and throw trash on their front lawn. Needless to say, there's a special place in Hell for tele-marketers, although the "do not call" list seems to be working.
  • The growing trend to shift our economy away from a system that "makes stuff" towards one that rewards the bean-counters who just figure out how to make money.
  • Reality TV shows; neither reality nor TV.
  • Blame shifting, CYA e-mails where they "cc" most of the world in an attempt to bring down anyone other than themselves.
  • People who can't put their shopping carts back in the cart coral, leaving them to roll like a heat seeking missile towards my car with the next gust of wind. But chances are, these are the same people who throw the car doors wide open until they hear that satisfying metal-on-metal sound meaning I've acquired another door ding. And they are probably the same inconsiderate people who park the cart in the middle of the grocery store isle, blocking off everyones egress while they contemplate their canned food selection.
  • Getting stuck in-line behind someone who is having a meltdown or confrontation with the cashier. Try taking your medication, or picking some other fight where someone can actually fight back instead.
  • It's not bad enough that the neighborhood rabbit spends entirely too much time hanging in my yard, taunting my dog. But now the rabbit has added me to the list of those he's tormenting. Today, I was running on the treadmill which I've got positioned by the window overlooking the patio. The rabbit hippity hops to the edge of the patio and sits there, staring at me for about 20 minutes. Pretty creepy; he's probably plotting how to attack.
  • Our celebrity obsessed culture, where the average person knows more about Paris, Brittany, Lindsay, et al than they do about Karl, Alberto, Dick and the rest of the cabal.
  • What level of atrocity will it take for Congress to challenge the power grabbing, anti-democratic ways of this administration? Impeach SOMEBODY for Pete's sake, even if it's just for practice. Start small and maybe you can work your way up.
  • Rude or insincere people.
  • AND people who make stupid lists like this one.
  • || JM, 12:11 AM

    7 Comments:

    The people throwing plastic bagged ads into my yard make me crazy. Anyone cracking gum goes on my list too. Anyone talking to me and looking away drives me nuts.
    Blogger pissed off patricia, at 9:24 AM  
    I am still laughing, really enjoyed reading those.
    Blogger Simply Bananas, at 9:45 PM  
    I love people who preface a sentence with: "I've gotta be honest with you". You do? C'mon, can't you lie to me like you do to everyone else?
    Blogger Neil Shakespeare, at 6:52 AM  
    Really expensive perscriptions piss me off.
    Blogger Mary, at 11:18 AM  
    People who tailgate me while going around a curve at 60 MPH.
    Blogger Mariamariacuchita, at 11:50 AM  
    Hey John! These really are funny but seriously when I start feeling that way, I know my focus in the wrong place. I have to get the focus back on myself. Does that makes sense?
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:08 PM  
    Yes, that makes perfect sense. But these moods quickly pass in most cases; only occasionally are the replaced by worse ones.
    Blogger JM, at 11:36 PM  

    Post a Comment