stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, August 24, 2007

SWBMNS; WTF?

It's not so much that blogging bores me recently as I bore myself. During the limited spare time that I fritter away websurfing, I've made numerous notes about thoughts and sites to share over the last few days. Yet, when I review them it's much like looking at the note that you pen to yourself in the middle of the night after having a brilliant epiphany in a dream. When reviewed in the morning it appears to be mental mush.

So what breaks this logjam? Looking for something blogworthy to poke fun at on Craigslist, I discover this lovely I found my SWBMNS on craigslist.org t-shirt. You can imagine just how silly I must feel to admit that I don't have a freakin' clue what this acronym means. Even this Best of Craigslist self-help guide to lingo for newbies doesn't shed any light on the situation. I must assume the shirt is a joke.

I was also quite surprised to discover the almost infinite varieties of "hook-up" options available on the personals part of Craigslist. In addition to the expected W4M option, you can peruse through the m4m, m4w, w4w, t4m, m4t, mw4mw, mw4w, mw4m, w4mw, m4mw, w4ww, m4mm, mm4m, ww4w, ww4m, mm4w, m4ww, w4mm, t4mw, and mw4t options as well. I guess it's good to have choices. I'm tempted to say different strokes for different folks, but that seems inappropriate in this context.

Seems like as good a time as any to share a few of their "best of" postings:

Note to the dogs
Take me in the weeds
Locker Room Etiquette
To the girl on the metro with the cleavage
So you wanna sell some shit on CL huh???
Package Deal - Free Husband and Audi
Dear New Neighbor, Knock It Off!

Of course, the fake Craigslist personal ad postings found at Something Awful are only slightly more bizarre than the real deal.
|| JM, 8:05 AM

4 Comments:

UGH! Your best off postings are gross. I can't even think about these things and now they are seared into my brain. AHH! :-)
Blogger Liz, at 3:16 PM  
good stuff ty for the info

popeye714@hotmail.com



There are a lot more acronyms on CL that i wish i knew. >>> w4m m4m m4w w4w t4m m4t
mw4mw mw4w mw4m w4mw m4mw w4ww m4mm mm4m ww4w ww4m mm4w m4ww w4mm t4mw mw4t
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:08 PM  
These acronyms are still not made clear !!! could anyone please spell it out for the sheltered???
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:43 PM  
Men 4 men and so on.....gay terms for craiglist...dates
Blogger Unknown, at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment