stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, August 10, 2007

I Got Nuttin'

It's amazing the correlation between the times that I get busy at work and those times that I really don't feel like blogging. Far too many days recently I've returned home either exausted, empty headed, or in the far worse state of having a head full of mush. I've been taking far too much solace in the mindless entertainment of TV. Maybe I need the catharsis that a mini-rant provides?

  • Probably the last thing I needed to see was the footage of Bush defend Gonzales at his recent press conference. His bizarre statement of not holding him accountable because he did nothing wrong is unbelievable on many levels. But the weird look on his face and the body language he used in his delivery provided me with a really uncomfortable bit of déjà vu. He reminded me of the kid we all knew growing up who would lie about everything whenever he was caught. The even more disturbing possibility is that he is delusional enough to believe the crap he is shoveling.
  • When the "ask your doctor about" commercials come on, I immediately zone out. I find the whole idea offensive; then again our entire healthcare system is pretty offensive, but that's a rant for another day. I really wasn't listening, but I could have sworn that I heard them warn of side-effects including "sexual obsessions, and gambling urges". Gee, if they could toss in the "four hour erection" side-effect then it sounds like a drug worth taking just to spice things up a bit.
  • I have to admit that I was a bit worried about the quality of recent Rescue Me episodes. After Season Three being so dead-on perfect, some of the newer episodes just didn't pack the same punch. But the last two shows indicate that they are again building up to an explosive plateau. Let's hope that we haven't seen the demise of Tommys' ghosts.
  • Yea; football is back! The perfect balm for the vegetative state I've found myself in recently. Even if these pre-season games are completely meaningless, it's comforting to see familiar faces and logos on the ol' TV screen slugging it out. I can only hope the Mangini Magic continues.
  • I loved the befuddled look on the faces of some of the Jimmy Kimmel audience members when Tay Zonday performed Chocolate Rain on his show. Pretty much the same look I get whenever I see Adam Sandler or Dane Cook. Except my look usually contains more anger.
  • || JM, 2:13 PM

    4 Comments:

    I know how you feel. I think its a combination of busy, heat, and the state of our nation.
    Chocolate Rain: Huh?
    Blogger Mary, at 3:17 PM  
    "I find the whole idea offensive; then again our entire healthcare system is pretty offensive, but that's a rant for another day."

    I've been to two Dr's. office's of late and have mentioned the 50 million Americans that don't have healthcare. These office workers act CLUELESS!!! I don't get these numbed out people who go through life unconscience.
    Blogger Liz, at 8:07 PM  
    Bush and Gonzo are two birds wearing the same lying feathers. Same smirk too.
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 PM  
    Although not worthy of a full post, I just wanted to go on-record with my disappointment with the conclusion of "John From Cincinnati". From its debut while most viewers were still staring at the TV going "WTF?" after The Sopranos ending, till last nights let-down this was a frustrating underachiever of a series. Frustrating since it showed the occasional promise of something great which it never fulfilled, and frustrating because of the Deadwood characters reminding us of the loss of another great show. Instead of any degree of closure, we got introduced to new characters, like they expect to be back for another season. Like that's gonna happen.
    Blogger JM, at 10:32 AM  

    Post a Comment