stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, August 31, 2007

Bree-zin

Since I've gone all nostalgic with my look at the "finger licken' good" KFC commercials, it seems like a perfect time to point you to Seventies Design (VIA Dark Roasted Blend), a kewl collection of 70's commercial art, fashion, and furnishings.

One of the many gems there is this poster for the erotic sci-fi film Barbarella. It works for me on a variety of levels, more so than the actual film itself. But not to worry; a remake is in the works.

And speaking of revisiting old Jane Fonda material (old is modifying the word material, not Jane, who I think still looks fantastic) here's some good news. There is apparently a resurgence of women wearing The Klute ’Do. Sure, Jane won an Oscar for her portrayal of call-girl Bree, but how many young women sporting this style have actually seen the flick? I've always found this haircut pretty hot, so I'm glad to see it return.
|| JM, 12:04 AM

4 Comments:

A re-make of 'Barbarella' in the works, eh? Well, let's see...what can they do now, all these years on, to make that just a bit more risque? TCM had a Jane Fonda retrospective one day last week. All Jane all day. Of course the next day was All Ronald Reagan all day so...
Blogger Neil Shakespeare, at 12:38 AM  
I'm sure Jane has to be thrilled to be featured as a "Turner Classic".
Blogger JM, at 9:18 AM  
Thats the Carol Brady shag. A lot of hipsters go for that look. It would actually work well with my air because it's a good cut on thick hair.
Blogger Liz, at 2:34 PM  
OMG, I never really noticed that Carol Brady had a version of the "do", since it looked much more wholesome on her. It really does work best on those with the darker shades of hair. This may have been the start of my obsession with redheads, perhaps?
Blogger JM, at 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment