stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Oh Really?

Conventional wisdom tells us that websurfers seldom click through the links on blogs. It's also widely held that sarcasm is difficult to convey in written form, since it largely relies upon vocal inflection. So it really shouldn't surprise me that yesterday's post which ostensibly was about a new stalker enabling technology was without exception taken at face value. My bad, since I should have at least tagged the entry as "humor", but I was afraid that it would ruin the joke. Not the first time I've missed the mark, and I'm sure it won't be the last.
|| JM, 12:08 AM

1 Comments:

Anyone stopping by here should know better.

Sarcasm is sometimes hard to convey even in person. It seems to get you in a lot of trouble. I've always felt misunderstood. Even by my mother. Once I went to a parent/teacher conference at school and the teacher at school for my oldest son and the teacher said "He is so sarcastic? Where does he get that?" Guess it's in the genes.
Blogger Mary, at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment