stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Java Cold One?

Great, it's not bad enough that I've got a growing addiction to McDonald's Iced Coffee. But now, in an effort to drive that addiction I see that they are running two-second mini ads for it on the radio. Probably preferable to those crawling or pop-out type ads at the bottom of the screen on TV, these "nano-ads" claim to be less obtrusive and designed for our "ADD [attention deficit disorder] society."

Somehow, for me at least, it seems like the "drip, drip, drip" of the simple and repetitive message is far more likely to be an updated and slightly more visible version of subliminal advertising, or at best just another annoying interuption. But, then again I'm just easily influenced. You have NO idea just how much I'm craving a nice cup of iced vanilla coffee right about now.
|| JM, 12:06 AM

2 Comments:

Iced vanilla laced with HFCS! That's gonna come back and smack you in the gut later. Very sneaky, those food people.
Blogger Peacechick Mary, at 8:37 AM  
I was getting addicted to those last summer and then I decided there was no way they could be good for me coming from Mickey-D's. Now I just get the plain hot coffee in the morning.
Blogger Liz, at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment