stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Evil-lution

Gerard at The Presurfer presents a rather accurate History Of Blogging. I've vowed NOT to give in to peer group pressure, and get a Twitter account. But at various points in time, I've said the same thing about answering machines, computers, cell phones and blogs... and ultimately had to eat my words. Considering how little I have to say most of the time and my generally lazy blogging tendencies you would think I'd take to it like white on rice. Never say never, I guess. I have to say that I DO find Twittervision, a mash-up of Twitter and Google maps quite an entertaining diversion.

But trying to keep blogging fresh and interesting isn't that easy. I've never really done this in an attempt to garner an audience, but just as an outlet for my own amusement. And increasingly, I haven't been all that interested recently. When I do get an idea, it seems like I stumble upon somebody else who does it first, and usually better. My anti-Giuliani rant seemed tame and unnecessary after Keith Olbermann cut him down to size last night, so into the trash it went.

And here's a bloggers sign-off that beats the pants off anything I could put together. Not that I'm quitting, but just going to scale back although my less frequent posting has probably already established that fact. It could just be another mood swing; we'll see how things play out.
|| JM, 4:24 PM

2 Comments:

Boy did Keith ever do a job on old RG. I'll bet Rudy was walking kinda funny today. Go ahead and put your post up about the walking 911 ad. I'd like to read it.
Blogger Peacechick Mary, at 5:11 PM  
These Republicans are MESS!!! I want to to video blog so bad, but I need a web cam. :(


~Liz


Ps. You are not a lazy blogger. I always learn something new here and I love that.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment