stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, March 02, 2007

Sweet!

Since blogging is largely like masturbation except without the mess, this next link makes the perfect fodder for a blog entry. Although it would make a great Halloween post, these instructions on how to make your own fun sized Candy Corn Dildo might be something you want to try out now, so that when the holiday rolls around you can whip up a batch with ease.

This could be the image changing sort of thing that candy corn needs. Lewis Black reminds us why we all hate it:
Candy corn is the only candy in the history of America that's never been advertised. And there's a reason. All of the candy corn that was ever made was made in 1911. And so, since nobody eats that stuff, every year there's a ton of it left over. And the candy corn company sends the guys out into the villages, to collect out of the dumpsters all the candy corn we've thrown away. They wash it! They wash it! I'll never forget the first time my mother gave me candy corn. She said, 'Here Lewis! This is corn that tastes like candy!' (takes it, eats it) ... 'This tastes like crap!' And every year since then, Halloween is returned and I, like an Alzheimer's patient, find myself in a room, and the room has a table in it, and on the table, is a bowl of candy corn. And I look at it, as if I've never seen it before. 'Candy corn,' I think. 'Corn that tastes like candy. I can't wait.' (takes it, takes a bite) 'SON OF A BITCH!'
|| JM, 12:23 AM

4 Comments:

I love candy corn. But I think I'll pass or creating stuff with it.

Have a great weekend :)
Blogger pissed off patricia, at 9:06 AM  
Its weird, I only like the yellow part of the candy corn. Not that I don't realize it all tastes the same, its just one of my many, many issues.
Blogger True Jersey Girl, at 9:09 AM  
I'm shocked to see that people actually LIKE candy corn! Personally, I'd rather just munch on a sugar cube. But that thought just sent me down another path. "Sugar cube" + "rich chocolate coating" + "Star Trek marketing tie-in" = THE NEXT NEW SNACK FOOD TREND! Borg Cubes: Resistance Is Futile! OK, maybe not.
Blogger JM, at 12:01 PM  
I always loved candy corn... until now. :(

Liz
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment