stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sex Sells



"Advertising may be described as the science of arresting human intelligence long enough to get money from it." Stephen Butler Leacock

I'm pretty sure that the product being advertised DOESN'T have the advertised side effect, but I'd be tempted to try it...just in case!

Since the ads that work best usually work at the emotional level, there are few emotions more powerful than lust, which probably explains the prevalence of sex in advertising. A few links providing collaborating evidence:

Blush Lingerie
Fighting 'Em Off Hai Karate Style
Hot Slutty Animals Selling Cars
History of erotica in advertising
|| JM, 12:05 AM

3 Comments:

See I am ALWAYS turned of by a guy wearing too much cologne. Now I know why they do.
Blogger Mary, at 2:27 PM  
Turned OFF is what I was trying to say.
Blogger Mary, at 2:27 PM  
Poor stupid guy.
Can't he see whats coming?
I forsee he'll be ripped to shreds a moment after the camera leaves him.
Carnage on the beach.

And, Mary
I don't wear any. Scent is for girls.
And for metrosexuals who are muppetbrained enough to believe that smells in cans will right whatever's wrong with their lives.
Blogger soubriquet, at 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment