stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Prioritizing

In today's Dilbert, Wally shows us some helpful time management skills. As usual, this is funny only because it is so true. A typical day has me setting my goals and agenda, only to see any chance of achieving those objectives become laughably unrealistic due to others demands on my time. Maybe someday I'll be the master of my own domain, but perhaps I need to remember the old saying that goes "the first myth of management is that it exists".

And even though I've experienced just about every bizarre situation that can occur while interviewing job candidates I had one today that was brand new. Although I had been keeping the applicant waiting, I finally could call him into the office to start the interview. It was at that point that his cell phone rings, and he sits back down and takes the call! Just the kind of behavior that any employer would like to see; surprisingly I passed on the candidate. Choose those priorities carefully.
Tags: ,
|| JM, 7:44 PM

1 Comments:

Yeah, I had that happen to me once, but I was the interviewee and it was the interviewer's phone that rang.

His twins were born 16 hours later.

-BT
Blogger BadTux, at 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment