stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Monday, February 26, 2007

Short Takes

  • I know exactly how Zippy feels. So many times when I'm on the road, I'll have a great idea that I'll flesh out and I promise I'll turn it into a blog entry. Do I ever remember the idea? Umm...no.
  • How sad is it that I felt a pang of disappointment when I heard a "news flash" that Cheney's plane was having trouble but it wasn't an emergency?
  • How much do you hate "news flash" type teasers anyway? The other night I hear one that almost caused me to fall out of my chair. "All women may be at risk of heart disease, news at 11" just seemed to be stating the obvious but casting it in an ominous tone. Go ahead, continue your march to irrelevance, and give us more stories about Britney & Anna Nicole.
  • I never used to care if you gave me Coke or Pepsi. But, apparently as I get older I get more picky. When the vending machine at work limited my choices to Coke products, I decided to take a walk on the wild side and choose "Diet Coke with Lime". Great choice, especially if you like a beverage that tastes like hand sanitizer.
  • Although I should know better, I sometimes can be too honest. Like when the wife & I were watching the news and saw the story about the new airport screening machines. When ask if I'd rather go through the machine or the frisk, I shouldn't have said that it depended what the person doing the pat down looked like; NOT the politically correct answer she was expecting. I should also remember that although in my fantasies, the body search is done by someone resembling Scarlett Johansson, the reality is that it's usually done by someone resembling a female Ernest Borgnine.
  • What ever happened to freedom of choice? I'm not talking about the important political issues of the day, but rather the fact that every time I go to the juice isle in the grocery store they only have "lots of pulp" or "NO pulp" orange juice? I guess those of us who liked the "some pulp" variety are SOL!
  • || JM, 12:17 AM

    5 Comments:

    Both airport security measures are invasive and I am surprised we put up with all this over the top security - herded and manhandled like cattle.
    Blogger Peacechick Mary, at 7:44 AM  
    Well, as to the amazing ideas one has when doing something else, that's why I have a note pad and pen with me most of the time. Just in case a super duper idea manages to fly right into my head.
    Blogger pissed off patricia, at 8:42 AM  
    PM: I'm not thrilled with these procedures, but it's a tradeoff I'm willing to accept, even with the recognition that if you shut down one area of risk you probably are still leaving other areas vulnerable. A false sense of security is better than none at all perhaps.

    POP: The one time I tried that the note pad on the night table thing, the note looked pretty much like the "word verification" gibberish that Blogger makes you regurgitate when you make a comment. Glad it works for you!
    Blogger JM, at 12:43 PM  
    The Evening News are the biggest frauds going with all of there so-called health watch stories. Please, it's called common sense. At least the entertainment shows are shooting for some level of honesty.
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 PM  
    I bought a little recorder BUT I never use it. I understand what you are saying. I have the best ideas in the car or shower.
    Blogger Mary, at 7:31 PM  

    Post a Comment