stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Same Game, Another Name

One area I've always tried to avoid when blogging is work, largely due to the document I sign annually which suggests that I could be fired for doing so. But on occasion you can't avoid the temptation to throw a work related topic in as a post.

I was a bit surprised today when I got to my computer at work and saw the announcement that the company is planning on changing its name. The news release stated all the "brand" related excuses that I would have expected.

However, it didn't mention one that I'm sure had to be a motivator: that the initials of the company were the same as those of a popular feminine hygiene product. Strange, how they would leave that out.
|| JM, 1:53 PM

2 Comments:

That reminds me of when AIDS first came out and there was a diet pill out at the time called Ayds or something like that, and they quickly changed their name.

No need to have your company aligned with smelly vagina.
Blogger True Jersey Girl, at 2:42 PM  
Ah, but would an ass by any other name smell as sweet? It's going to be hard to find any call letters that don't match something - make it sweet, I say.
Blogger Peacechick Mary, at 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment