stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, January 26, 2007

Yes, I Can!



Just in case you thought YOUR job sucked, just be glad you don't have to put up with THIS everyday at work.

Despite their apparently cruel treatment of their employees, I recently switched my cell phone coverage to these guys. After years of having a phone that barely gave me a signal at home, and didn't have ANY reception at work, I'm amazed that now I have a phone I can really use. Unfortunately, the last few days have been filled with calls that were the functional equivalent of the "can you hear me now?" conversations from spots that I wouldn't have been able to make them with my old phone.

And also from the "department of technological amazement" I continue to find my new GPS unit a real treat. Having to sometimes travel to unknown destinations for work, I don't know why I waited to get one of these electronic co-pilots. The only problem I've had is that I sometimes ignore or misinterpret the direction it gives. Yesterday after hearing "turn right" I did an immediate right, only to see that it really was telling me to turn right a little farther down the road. Then after it recalculated my route to correct for my mistake, I still thought I knew better and was about to follow where I thought I should go. Luckily, I reconsidered and put my faith in the new directions and everything worked out just fine. If only life offered a GPS type unit sometimes, but I'm guessing I'd be tempted to ignore that as well!
|| JM, 9:23 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment