stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, January 05, 2007

Random Ramblings

  • Last night as I was shopping in Target, I overheard a kid talking about "that woman who was in Con Air". Having seen the movie more times than I care to admit, I couldn't recall who portrayed the wife of Nick Cage. I made a mental note as I drove home to check IMDb for the answer, but the real "ah-ha" moment was the realization that the movie was much like Space Mountain at Disney. You've got to see it, gives you a huge adrenaline rush, and both leave you without too many memorable details after they are over. Oh, and both involve being on a plane with alot of rude, shady, and undesirable people, but maybe that's just my experience.

  • I broke down recently and opened one of my Xmas presents, another iPod dock. It replaced a boom box I had in the bedroom, but since it is one of the few devices I have left that plays cassette tapes, I didn't want to see it go to the purgorty of junk called the basement, so I decided to put it in a drawer in the TV stand in my office. I probably haven't looked in there since we moved in, and I was a bit surprised to find that I've made this space "the land of obsolete technologies". I was able to carve out a nice space right next to the PS1, 2 GameBoys, remotes for god only knows what, and a rabbit ear antenna for an old TV set.

    Another "ah-ha" moment soon ensued; reminding me of my changing point of view concerning technology. At one point I was the guy who "didn't need a ____" (insert: answering machine, cordless phone, computer, cell phone). Then, I got over that and went through my "tech junkie/early adopter phase". Now, I seem to have settled into my "I'll get it once the price starts to come down" phase, otherwise known as being a "cheap-ass".

  • My recent stay in the hospital seems to have broken the blog addiction pretty nicely. I rediscovered that the written word can be nicely experienced via these things called "books" that I hadn't been as involved with as I should have. I still surf, but just not as much. But I've also find myself drawn to the boob tube more. I found myself watching the new show "The Knights of Prosperity" which I was fully prepared to hate. The show is about a bunch of blue collar losers who decide to rob Mick Jagger. It exceeded my expectations and was actually pretty funny, but it's hard to tell if that will continue. But for now, one more show to add to my list of time wasting fun.

  • Is it me, but the first time I saw the previews for upcoming film Freedom Writers, I wasn't sure if it was Hillary Swank or Natalie Portman in the movie. After doing a GIS to see if this had any "separated at birth" potential, I have to conclude that they don't look anything alike and I'm a dork. The mind plays strange tricks when you are tired.
  • || JM, 10:02 AM

    1 Comments:

    Hillary Swank/Natalie Portman - twins born to separate mothers! I can see the headlines now. Think about it. In these days of embryonic this and that, who knows what might happen. You may be a fortune teller or maybe you're just tired.
    Blogger Peacechick Mary, at 5:00 PM  

    Post a Comment