stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, January 12, 2007

iWant

Despite having to clean up the drool with a mop after viewing the recently announced iPhone, I have to keep telling myself that I really don't "need" it. As sexy as it is, I just keep having a vision of the look on my face after I've dropped it and cracked that kewl display screen. And the fact that it's only going to be offered by Cingular is a huge turnoff. I'll have to assume that this announcement is also a tease for a similarly featured next-generation widescreen iPod. Just sign me up for that and I'll struggle along with my current phone...maybe. Perhaps the debate between Bill Gates VS. the "I'm A Mac" Guy may help me make up my mind.

But for now, let's peruse the current iPod and do a shuffle to come up with a "Friday Random Ten" since I haven't done that for a long time, and more importantly I haven't got anything else. Here goes nuttin':

  • Fall Behine Me; The Donnas
  • Me And Mia; Ted Leo & The Pharmacists
  • Allison; Elvis Costello
  • Hide Away; Rock Kills Kid
  • Wild Wild Life; Talking Heads
  • American Idiot; Green Day
  • In My Place; Coldplay
  • I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For; U2
  • Don't Bring Me Down; Electric Light Orchestra
  • I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor; Artic Monkeys
  • Tags: , ,
    || JM, 8:12 AM

    5 Comments:

    It's funny; out of your ten songs I only have one song on my ipod in common with you! hrrrmmm...

    And of all songs; its American Idiot!!! :)
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:58 PM  
    oopss...sorry I forgot to put my initials so you know who I am! ~TK
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:59 PM  
    I'm glad we have that common ground. My taste in music tends to be pretty eclectic; this random shuffle was from one of my more "mainstream" playlists, btw. So what's on YOUR iPod?
    Blogger JM, at 10:07 AM  
    Uninvited; Alanis Morisette
    Numb; Linkin Park
    Respect; Aretha Franklin
    Hero; Chad Kroeger
    London Bridge; Fergie
    Naked; Avril Lavigne
    Walk this Way; Aerosmith
    Mr. Brightside; The Killers
    Be Yourself; Audioslave
    I've got you under my skin; Frank Sinatra

    Now that's a weird combo; that was my first ten when I hit shuffle this morning...~tk
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM  
    Weird combos are half the fun of shuffling up a random playlist. All in all some pretty respectable selections...I approve! And thanks for sharing. I'll resist the temptation to string these song titles into a kinda' Mad Libs story, since the words naked, uninvited & numb would surely get me in trouble.
    Blogger JM, at 11:08 PM  

    Post a Comment