stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Yo-De-Lay-Hee-Yo-De-Lay-Hee...

This Saturday night the annual broadcast of the heartwarming Rodgers and Hammerstein classic, The Sound of Music will occur. Since most of us know the songs and lyrics by heart, why not spice up this years' viewing by inviting over a few friends and playing The Sound Of Music Drinking Game?

A little groundwork is involved; printing out the rules and purchasing enough booze for example. And make sure that you tell your guests that the dress code is strictly "curtains only". The game will end if the alcohol runs out, but with proper preparation, this shouldn't occur. If it does; everybody loses!
|| JM, 8:07 PM

7 Comments:

I couldn't get the link to work. Bummer. I so wanted to play.
Blogger Mary, at 9:44 AM  
Ah Jeeze, I ripped down the curtains and now the link won't work. Well, I'll just have to make do with humming my own tune. Hope going back to work isn't wearing you out. Let us know how it's going.
Blogger Peacechick Mary, at 2:30 PM  
It looks like the link is a bit temperamental, but it is was still a good link yesterday. Perhaps www.tomatopatch.com is being inundated by Von Trapp fans?
Blogger JM, at 3:37 PM  
I have never seen The Sound of Music. Think I could sell myself on e-bay as the only living human who hasn't seen that movie? Hey, but I'm always game for a drinking game. :)
Blogger pissed off patricia, at 3:44 PM  
The link didn't work for me either. It timed out after I waited a long time.
Blogger pissed off patricia, at 3:46 PM  
Sorry, even the Google cache version isn't working. Although the Tomatopatch game is vastly superior, here is a simplified version of a SOM drinking game, just in case you had your heart set on it:
*Maria sings - 1 shot
*Captain blows whistle - 2 shots
*Anyone says 'Austria' or 'Vienna' - 3 shots
*Baroness acts like a bitch - 4 shots
*Children say 'Fraulein Maria' - 1 shot
*See a nun - 1 shot

And I'm glad to find someone who hasn't actually seen the movie. I resisted seeing this with every fiber of my being until I was an adult, and then the wife made me watch it.
Blogger JM, at 4:01 PM  
OK, the link is working again!
Blogger JM, at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment