stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, December 29, 2006

Post Christmas Shopping

Even in the midst of a busy holiday season, I've been able to take care of my shopping needs thanks to the internet. But sadly, when I finally found a new wallet that I really liked, they were sold out! Forgive me if this reminds me of an old joke...

There are two guys who have been lost in the desert for weeks, and they're at death's door. As they stumble on, hoping for salvation in the form of an oasis or something similar, they suddenly spy, through the heat haze, a small tree off in the distance.
As they get closer, they can see that the tree is draped with rasher upon rasher of bacon. There's smoked bacon, crispy bacon, life-giving juicy nearly-raw bacon, all sorts. And the smell... oh, the glorious smell!"
"Look Pepe," says the first man. "It's a bacon tree!"
"You're right!" says Pepe, "We're saved!"
Pepe doesn't wait another second. He runs up to the tree salivating at the prospect of food. But just as he gets to within five feet of the tree, there's the sound of machine gun fire, and he is shot down in a hail of bullets.
His friend quickly drops down on the sand, and calls across to the dying Pepe.
"Pepe!! Pepe!! What on earth happened?"
And with his dying breath Pepe calls back: "Ugh, run, run!! It's not a Bacon Tree after all..."

"...its a ham bush!"
|| JM, 10:40 AM

1 Comments:

Oh no! Groan. I have to say, I hadn't heard that one. Sounds like you are feeling much better and I'm very happy to hear about the Edwards-Obama sticker.
Blogger Peacechick Mary, at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment