stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Haiku Corner

Return to normal?
Too much to ask for right now...
But, real life beckons.


Having received a reluctant OK from my doctor to return to work on a "limited basis" my long break from reality ends tomorrow. As much as I desire a return to normalcy, I'm sure there will be a few surprises and challenges along the way. It feels like I've just been hanging out here for the last month, although it hasn't been quite that long. Who would have guessed that I'd actually be looking forward to returning to dealing with the daily frustrations that usually drive me mad? I suppose we crave what we can't or don't have. I'm fully prepared to be disappointed and I'll probably feel like I've been run over by a truck, despite daily sessions on the treadmill to increase my stamina.

Given my need to play catch up at work, the proximity of the holidays, and my growing ambivalence towards blogging in general, don't be surprised if updates are few and far between over the next few weeks. So in the event I don't otherwise say this...Happy Holidays!
|| JM, 9:19 PM

2 Comments:

Glad you're on the mend, John. Pneumonia can really take it out of you. Take it slow, and Happy Holidays.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 PM  
I am sure the people at work will be thrilled to have you back with them as we will be disgruntled at having to share you. Please take care.
Blogger Peacechick Mary, at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment