stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Going Solo

SoloDining.com (VIA BuzzFeed) is a new site that focuses on eating alone in restaurants. Covering the subject from a variety of angles, it's sure to have some helpful information so that your foray into solo dining doesn't make you feel like a big loser.

I really had never done this until recently, since most times when I have to dine alone I just opt out and head for a fast food joint. But recently, when I had to travel for work, I found myself in areas with no appealing fast food options. Wanting to take full advantage of my expense allowance, it forced the issue and I took my tentative first steps. I almost blew it when I started things off on the wrong foot, when the hostess ask "how many?" and I blurted out the giant loser response "just one". But the hostess handled this situation with good humor and grace, and I got over my awkward first attempt. As with many new ventures, it's that first step that's the worst. Perhaps you CAN teach an old dog new tricks.
|| JM, 9:12 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment