stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Not Ready For Prime Time

After getting burned too many times by being an early adopter, I've had a long standing rule that I don't do "dot-zero" software releases. Far better to wait until all the bugs are worked out. But being a fan of Firefox, when I saw that Version 2.0 was out I downloaded it and installed it without hesitation. Big mistake! No matter what settings I tweak, each page appears in a 1/4" space to the left along with the scroll bar that's usually on the right. You would think you could grab it and expand the tab, but that doesn't seem to work. Luckily, I did back up the old version, but it seems that the updates to the plug-ins have screwed up its' old functionality. Only now am I reading that the new version is buggy, but I guess I should have known better.
Tags: ,
|| JM, 12:06 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment