stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ka Ka Ka Katie

I missed the big kick-off of the Katie Couric era of the CBS Evening News. It looks like the reviews were good, but anyone expecting them to reinvent the wheel might have been disappointed. I see that one big question remains: What should Katie's sign-off be?. You can give her your suggestions on-line if you wish. I guess they didn't want to go with her original suggestion of "Peace out, homies." Maybe she could try these on for size:

  • Couric out!
  • Good night and good shoes.
  • Come for the news; stay for the legs.
  • See 'ya tomorrow, cause nobody does perky like CBS news!
  • Later babe!
  • And that's the way it is what it is...
  • || JM, 11:06 PM

    4 Comments:

    She could change an old line and say, Good night and Good Fucking Luck.
    Blogger pissed off patricia, at 2:15 PM  
    POP and I are thinking along the same lines. I was going to suggest, "hooo, boy are we fucked!"
    Blogger Peacechick Mary, at 2:38 PM  
    I personally sent about a dozen in responses.

    my favorite was

    "I just read you the news and they pay me for it!"

    cut to commercial
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:38 PM  
    For some reason Eric and I were discussing this the other day. He came up with something hilarious involving the f-word but I can't remember what he said.
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 PM  

    Post a Comment