stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Just Sit On It!

I can't let this bit of silliness pass without comment. A few days ago I went past the Brookstone store in the mall and noticed the Osim iGallop prominently on display in the front of the store. This odd looking device claims to be a "revolutionary exerciser that can help you shape and tone your tummy, hips, seat and thighs." Oh, and the best part? You don't have to do anything, just sit there and watch TV and it will shake your lazy ass and get you in shape!

Now, I'm pretty much thinking that exercise equipment that doesn't require you to do any work is like drinking your way to sobriety. Nice idea, but probably not effective. What a fat and lazy nation we've become if rather than deal with the tedious process of working out, we'll find a easy way where we don't have to think or do anything. It's that kind of logic that got Dubya elected to two terms!

But who do they think they are fooling? I hardly think that exercise is going to be this devices' primary function. I pass the store daily and I'm always seeing women trying it out. The looks on their faces makes me think that if I stick around I'll be seeing their "O-Face" shortly. Even the name is suggestive to my gutter mind, since if you add R and G to the manufactures' name you reveal the hidden meaning. I haven't been brave enough to stop in and see if they sell any attachments for this baby, but I just can't keep from drawing the conclusion that this is really intended for the bedroom.
|| JM, 7:58 PM

2 Comments:

I'm tempted to say I want one in every room, but it might be a little awkward when company comes over. So many good posts here tonight, John. You've been doin' your blog work, for sure.
Blogger Peacechick Mary, at 9:54 PM  
I found at Couponalbum.com many discounts on home & garden decor products from many branded stores....!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 AM  

Post a Comment