stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Chicken Fingers For The Soul

Ok, so little things drive me to distraction. For years, it gets me crazy when I see a TV ad for Red Lobster and they have the little disclaimer at the bottom of the screen that says "prices higher in Hawaii". Having been there, I certainly understand that things are going to be more expensive. But the larger issue in my mind has always been, why would you go to Hawaii and eat at Red Lobster given the abundance of fantastic places serving fresh, local fare? I have to admit that I did come perilously close to going to McDonald's while I was there, but it was only to see if it was true that their menu included pineapple, spam, rice and hot taro pies. Somehow there was always something better to do, and I never paid them a visit.

Last night I saw a commercial that somehow eclipsed the Red Lobster ones in the head scratching department. Chilli's is running some sort of "triple play" appetizer special, and yet another fine print disclaimer appears at the end that states "prices higher in Arkansas and Hawaii". WTF? Why should the state that brought us Clinton and Wal-Mart have to charge more for chicken wings & fingers when one of the big industries there is poultry? A sinister plot by the chicken lobby, perhaps? Again, the larger question may be "why should I care?"
|| JM, 10:22 AM

2 Comments:

So what if I want to be a chicken fry...so what if I do?
Blogger Frederick, at 4:08 PM  
Good point on the Hawaii thing. That's like passing up genuine NYC pizzerias just to dine at a Pizza Hut. There's a disconnect in there somewhere.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment