stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Path Of The Righteous Man

Much like a car crash that you don't want to look at, but some how wind up catching a glimpse of anyway I happened to find myself watching the sanitized TV edit of Pulp Fiction on Bravo last night. My sense of curiosity got the best of me and I tried to watch to see how they cleaned up the violence and the language. It looks like the censors didn't have much of a problem with the violence and concentrated most of their efforts on the language. Why should that surprise me?

In our culture we've become so desensitized to violence that this films' depiction of some pretty darned violent stuff isn't a big deal. But words, well there's something that we need to be protected from. (And God forbid we'd see a nipple or something!) Seems like backwards priorities to me, but what do I know. At first, the "sanitized for your protection" version proved funny, but quickly grew irritating. It was shortly after hearing Jules ask "English, little sucker, do you speak it?" that I couldn't take it anymore and had to punch out.
|| JM, 9:26 AM

2 Comments:

It is kinda strange, you can show shit, but you can't say it.

Nipples are more dangerous for a child to see than a very realistic murder? And we wonder why kids grow up all confused.
Blogger pissed off patricia, at 8:05 AM  
I guess the fear of inflammed language makes blogs off limits for kids, although mine does enjoy Skippy.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment