stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

I Don't Give...

There are times when burn-out grabs you and shakes you senseless with both hands. This apparently is one of those times. Permeating the whole kit & caboodle from work, to recreation I find myself bored and frustrated with everything, especially myself. Normally a little time to recharge the batteries coupled with a little run around the neighborhood or a session on the treadmill gives me the endorphin rush that allows me to bounce back, but my knee has been throbbing the last few days and removes that as an outlet. The rainy dismal weather on top of that is guaranteed to insure a grey mood.

The sense of boredom and frustration has also carried over to blogging, and I have barely even looked at my usual favorites, or anything else for that matter. Then when I do go on-line and start poking around the bookmarks, I stumble upon someone who has done an entry expressing the same sense of burn-out I feel, so any comments I make here now feel less sincere and in the back of my mind make me feel like I'm ripping him off.

It seems odd that I get amused by finding and posting links that I know are probably being linked to by a gizillion other bloggers. How weird is it that I take a strange satisfaction when I see that I did a post on a subject or a link way before others picked up on it? Probably a bad sign that I'm taking this too seriously. I've been at this point before and I promise myself that it's time to stop blogging, only to find myself re-energized a few days later, and the whole pointless process starts all over again. We'll see how it works out this time.
Tags:
|| JM, 2:36 PM

4 Comments:

this happens to everyone. we either get over it or we won't.
i hope you do.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:20 PM  
Yeah. There are a lot of us going through this right now. I think the end of summer is like that anyway. Take care and remember - we really need you.
Blogger Peacechick Mary, at 5:46 PM  
Don't give up; everyone is feeling a bit burnt out right now; even me and I don't even blog!!!-TK
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:55 PM  
yes, this happens to everyone
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment