stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Bit-O-Confusion

I suspect that I may have some sort of cognitive disability. Recently, I've been skimming headlines and getting meanings that are far from what the author intended. Yesterday I was reading about the problems with the Boston highway tunnel and the headline was DIG BOLTS CAN'T BE TRUSTED which I immediately interpreted as BIG DOLTS CAN'T BE TRUSTED, which although technically is correct just wasn't at all what the story was about. It's likely just the result of my amateur attempts to speed read, which probably strips much texture and meaning from what I'm plowing through. And, oops!...I did it again when I read that BRITNEY ROBOTS START STEPPING INTO DAILY LIFE. Oh wait...those were BRAINY ROBOTS...probably the first and last time that those words ever are confused.
|| JM, 9:47 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment