stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Retro Video


Separate Ways
I remember when this video came out, and it seemed to me to be the point when Journey "jumped the shark". Back in the day when MTV still played music, this video encompassed most of the basic cliches of what was a new and emerging art-form. Even then, it seemed over the top silly. But looking back now at this mishmash of air guitar, slo-mo, quik-cut shots, the extreme 80's haircuts and fashions this one is sure to bring a smile to your face for one reason or another. Unlike the video, the song actually holds up better than I would have expected.

But if it your ever had to choose the quintessential 80's video, it would probably come down to a choice between this one and Aha: Take On Me as the two finalists. I was tempted to consider the Paula Abdul & MC Skat Kat video of Opposites Attract until I realized that we were into the 90's by the time that one rolled out. And I'm probably slighting Lionel Richie, Phil Collins, Ray Parker, Huey Lewis, and several other pop icons by not including them in my short list. Oh well; my list...my bad I guess.
|| JM, 12:11 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment