stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Monday, June 26, 2006

Always Room?

It seems like marketing hype that "there's always room for Jell-O" since I'm pretty sure I've made a pig of myself on more than a few occasions where there really wasn't any more room. A relic of simpler times and tastes, it still remains strong thanks to relentless marketing. Jell-o is actually the official snack food of the largely Mormon state of Utah where they have the highest per capita sales of Jell-o in the country. Why didn't we see this on the HBO soozefest "Big Love"? Then again maybe they did and I slept through that episode.

When you break down the production process of Jell-o , it really sounds like some pretty nasty stuff. Take the skin and byproducts of various livestock and boil in a vat to extract the collagen protein. It's then dried and ground into a powder, then you mix in sugar, flavorings, color, and preservatives and you've got yourself the stuff that legendary bland deserts are made of. Is it any wonder that Jell-o shots were born? A few topical links:

Jell-O Museum Web Site
JELL-O History
Everything you've ever wanted to know about making Jello* shots!
Flaming JELL-O shots
Suck & Blow (The next generation of jello shots, grab a partner and let the fun begin)
Penis Jello Shots
Common JELL-O shot mistakes
The Art Of The Jello Shot
Jello Shots Recipe
Jello Biafra
YouTube: Jello Wrestling
|| JM, 10:55 AM

1 Comments:

I like Jello but eventually it makes me gag. Usually when I've had way more than I need to.

However, I'm not one to eat Jello with fruit in it. Just...GUH!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment