stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A Little TV

I've been skeptical of much of the video content that's being made for for phones and mobile devices. New content such as mini episodes of popular TV shows such as Lost, 24, and Prison Break for example seem to be offered with increasing frequency. My problem with this is that most of them promise to be either striped down TV episodes, or new material lacking the creativity or cast of the original version. But since the trend seems to be a moneymaker, it doesn't look like it will be going away anytime soon.

If they retain the high standards that the original versions are known for, then fans will and should pay for these mobisodes. When there is real value offered, why not? I would have paid for this mini-episode of Rescue Me, for example. But lucky for me, it's a web-only offering that shows the "bravery" of the guys at the firehouse. All part of the build-up to the start of next week's new season, but even so it's worth a look! Normally I'd dismiss this as hype, but since Rescue Me is in my top 5 of favorite shows, I'll let them slide on this. One of these days I'll get the season one DVD, since I missed the first few episodes and haven't caught them in repeats.
|| JM, 9:36 AM

1 Comments:

I could only see this being beneficial if they happened to post the FULL season finale of 24 the night my power went out. But since we know they won't be nearly that generous or timely, I don't think I'm a fan of this trend either.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment