stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Drivers Wanted

VW's Automated Parking Garage
This rather surreal looking picture looks like a CGI shot from some futuristic Sci-Fi flick. But in reality, it's from the 20-story automated garage that houses cars for new VW owners in Germany.

Speaking of Sci-Fi, for some odd reason I added the movie "Frequency" to my NetFlix que recently. Honestly, I really didn't even remember this movie being in theaters, but it popped up as a recommended movie, so I thought "why the heck not?" And I'll have to admit, it really blew me away. I was almost put off by the premise, which has a son who tragically lost his father 30 years ago being able to contact him via short wave radio. He then tries and succeeds in saving his father's life, but then has to deal with the problems resulting from the temporal changes. The movie had me on the edge of my seat, since it effectively combined elements of action, sci-fi, dramatic, mystery, and feel-good family flicks. Sure, there's plently of stuff to pick on with a plot device like this one, but I enjoyed it far more that I had expected. Ok, that is all...no more movie or music reviews, I promise!
|| JM, 9:47 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment