stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

10 Simple Pleasures

Since I've got 'nuttin today, seems like the perfect time to pick up on Nicole's meme listing ten simple pleasures:

1) Music; one good song has the ability to change a mood or to take you to some far off place. Doesn't get any better than that.
2) Doggie Welcoming Committee; doesn't matter if I've been gone two hours or two days...the unbridled enthusiastic greeting from the loyal canine companion washes away a world of woes.
3) New Car Smell; this probably worked into the top ten since I spent the weekend driving a rental that had that seductive smell. Go ahead, call me shallow.
4) Spring; the season of renewal. Watching the green emerge after the winter weather is behind us ranks as one of my favorites. I actually remember, in the pre-global warming days when we actually HAD spring-like weather and not these abrupt jumps into hot and humid summer weather.
5) Clean sheets; sorta like #3 & #4 combined.
6) Having a day off and "doing nothing" is an option.
7) Orange juice; sunshine in a bottle. There's one one other thing that I'd like better first thing in the morning, but we're not going to go there.
8) Laughter; there's no mood altering drug that's more powerful...not that I know anything about mood altering drugs, or anything.
9) Chocolate; OK I guess I do know something about THIS mood altering drug.
10) Sunsets; the kind where the sky is filled with a kaleidoscope of colors and textures. A nice way to end a day, and a nice way to end the list.
|| JM, 2:47 PM

1 Comments:

Aww, #3 is SO great! Especially when it's coming from your own car. ;)

By the way, yor'e the only one that hadn't seen this on someone else's blog first. And for that I thank you.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment