stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

WOW!

O & A: Back On The Radio
Finally, there's some GOOD news. It looks like I can turn the radio back on again in the morning, since the rumored return of Opie and Anthony is about to happen. Although I had bailed on Stern ages ago (who grew less and less funny after the Billy West years), when Marc Maron left the airwaves there really wasn't anything compelling to motivate me to listen to the radio. I've missed "the boys" since they were unceremoniously booted off the radio over that little "Sex For Sam" incident.

What's almost as funny as O & A is just how hypocritical CBS looks on this one, since they were "so" outrageous they "had" to be fired. But after seeing all their ratings slip away with the David Lee Roth suckfest, I guess their moral outrage was replaced by their business sense. And the Gods Of Irony must be wearing a big grin, since being able to replace and compete with Howard, getting in the media spotlight, and being able to promote THEIR satellite show will surely drive Stern crazy! Hoo-Hoo!
|| JM, 10:45 PM

2 Comments:

Opie and Anthony are BACK???

I think I kinda remember the airing that got them canned, though now the details are a wee bit hazy. I definitely recall "Whip'em Out Wednesdays" though.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:33 PM  
I'd be hesitant to admit that...it razes too many questions, if you know what I mean...nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
Blogger JM, at 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment