stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, April 28, 2006

Lasers!

Sears Wishbook 1983
This is why I'm seldom an early adopter anymore. This 1983 ad featuring a Compact Digital Audio Disc Player for only $589 seems pretty funny these days in light of how cheap these have become.

My current "tech-lust" is learning towards either a new "smart" phone/pda or a Tivo type device. You would think that I would have jumped on the Tivo bandwagon long ago, but I've been afraid that it might be kinda' like a "gateway drug" that would lead me to higher levels of TV addiction. And I see that Apple is ready to introduce a Media Center which only makes my temptation and confusion even greater.
|| JM, 11:37 AM

1 Comments:

I'm not sure if my TiVo has made me more of an addict. If anything, it's made me lazier about TV-watching. Last season I was an avid fan of both "House" and "Desperate Housewives." But they both kept adding up week after week after week until I felt snowballed. Now, though both shows are entertaining, I don't have the desire to watch either of them -- too much pressure!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment