stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, April 28, 2006

History Lesson

I just picked up the latest edition of one of the corporate communications they distribute at work. A slickly produced newsletter that's supposed to infuse me with team spirit. But this one provided tons of comedy fodder as we picked it apart at dinner last night. Two tidbits to share: the original logo/mascot of the company was a rooster, or as they referred to it then "the red cock". The jokes just write themselves sometimes; I wish they had stuck with this instead of the current blandness. Trust me, this is one Google image search that I'm truly sorry that I did!

And another dubious bit of history (that I can find no verification of) is that an employee invented the tea bag. But, perhaps they were referring to this instead?
|| JM, 11:43 AM

6 Comments:

BlogExplosion hit!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:08 PM  
Ah. Nice picture. Sedona, AZ, right?

My sister and I jokingly refer to that as "Cock Rock".
Blogger Joanna S Kelley, at 2:19 AM  
Having a red rooster for a corporate image is kind of like naming your son Peter, unless your last name is principle. Just a set up for a bashing.
Blogger pinkfem, at 9:24 AM  
Good heavens! I hope they changed it to the Hen way. Remember that old joke: How much does a Hen weigh? I don't either.
Blogger Peacechick Mary, at 9:59 PM  
Is that a...um...popular vacation spot for gay fellows? I heard Walt Disney shot up morphine out there and came up with 'Fantasia' inspired by the...um...fantastical formations.
Blogger Neil Shakespeare, at 11:15 PM  
Your share is very useful, thank you for this great article.
----------------
# https://songlyricsaz.mobi/find-yourself-in-you-lyrics-8892.html
# https://songlyricsaz.mobi/selfish-2-lyrics-11398.html
Blogger Unknown, at 4:40 AM  

Post a Comment