stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Monday, April 17, 2006

Global Warming

An Inconvenient Truth
I'm glad I'm not an "I told you so" kinda guy, since it's become apparent to most of the rest of those who didn't vote for Al Gore that they made the wrong choice. This trailer of his new film presents us with some compelling and frightening facts concerning climate change; issues that the current "leadership" isn't willing (or capable of) addressing.

Maybe it's the fact that the current Preznut has proven to be such a stumbling buffoon, but it seems like Gore has a certain presence and vigor that he was lacking in his ill-fated campaign. It would be refreshing to have someone in the White House who actually has moral values, intellectual skills, and leadership abilities, and not just someone who merely "talks the talk". Gore's stature and experience could go along way to restoring some of the goodwill we have squandered through out the world. Maybe '08 can be the "do-over" that we all deserve. I really don't see any other truly viable candidates at this point, although I know how things can change till then. But Gore-Obama doesn't have such a bad ring to it.
|| JM, 8:52 AM

4 Comments:

I thought about Obama, too, but when he came out to help Lieberman fund raise, I wrote him off. I'd like to see Gore as the Secretary of the Interior. I think he would be the first one in a long time to try to restore the natural beauty of this country rather than rip is off and sell it out.
Blogger Peacechick Mary, at 7:20 AM  
He's disappointed me on other issues as well; I really had expected his "star" to shine brighter. But despite some of these missteps and his relative lack of experience, I still believe he remains a "marketable" candidate for the VP slot, who is capable of eloquent and moving speeches on the campaign trail. Despite the baggage, he's light years ahead of the veep we've got now.
Blogger JM, at 7:47 AM  
Feingold for prez
Maybe, Gen Clark veep
Gore, Secy of the Interior (that's the place he could do the most good the fastest as far an the environment)
Blogger pissed off patricia, at 8:13 AM  
I think we've seen enough of these races to know that anything is possible. Just about any other option than the status quo would be preferable. I'd stand a better chance of predicting this year's NFL draft, than predicting the outcome of the next Presidential election; I'm sure I'd fail miserably at both.
Blogger JM, at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment