stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Smenita!

Blogger strikes again, since when I try to post a comment here or on any other Blogger site I'm being ask to use the word "smenita" as a verification every darned time and the comment doesn't post. I really thought Smenita was the name of the Indian woman who lives down the street, and NOT the stuff of word verification but I could be wrong. This gets very frustrating; it's not that I had any profound thoughts to post here or elsewhere, but it's just the idea that I can't that bothers me.

I can't find any relevant info on the FAQ page except the advice to clear my cookies, which did nada to correct the problem. Is this my problem, or is it a Blogger issue that is more global? Blogger has such a great support system...but you get what you pay for I guess. Ah, but for anyone to answer this question....you'd have to be able to leave a comment! Makes me think I need to check out Haloscan. (Update: it looked like the problem was fixed...BUT now it's back, and it looks like I'm not the only who is frustrated!!!)
|| JM, 12:05 AM

4 Comments:

I'm not getting the same thing each time now, but that happened to me a few weeks ago. I have heard from a number of bloggers that they are infected with the same thing you are. Who knows what evil quirks lurk. I have to send you kudos on being able to put up so many great links. Well done!
Blogger Peacechick Mary, at 12:31 PM  
Okay, THAT'S a Blogger glitch that even I never had to deal with.

So what's the deal with Haloscan? I've seen several blogs that run on it. What's its claim to fame?
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:27 PM  
Some people swear by it; as opposed to Blogger which most people just swear AT!
Blogger JM, at 11:30 PM  
We're trying to join forces on this issue at:

Centre for Smenitalogical Studies

Thanks for your support.
Blogger David Ker, at 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment