stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Gas It Up

Old and Interesting Gas Stations (VIA Bifurcated Rivets)
I've stumbled upon this site before, but that's only because I have an unnatural fascination with gas stations. Part of it is because I spent countless hours as a child drawing pictures of them, and then re-drawing them "remodeled" to my specifications. Needless to say, I was a strange child. The other part of this reflects the fact that most of these are fading away, being replaced by bland, sterile and uniform corporate dispensing facilities. I'm sure it's progress, but I'll pick character any day given a choice...increasingly those choices aren't there.
|| JM, 9:55 PM

1 Comments:

Ah yes, I too have warm thoughts of old gas stations. They had sort of a mysterious feel and then there was that scary hole in the ground to dump oil. Also, old hardware stores with that down to earth practical feel.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment