stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Failure To Update


At least Wally has a sense of purpose. I haven't had that recently at least as far as blogging is concerned. A few of the reasons why:

  • Real life beckons. Nothing major, nothing bad, but just too busy.
  • Nothing "grabs me" and when it does I suddenly see it on 20 other blogs. I do enough "me too" postings as it is; no need for more of that than there has to be.
  • Lack of creativity. When I'm doing something else many times I'll have an idea that seems funny, but by the time I get to a computer what comes out is a rambling rant that doesn't even interest me any more. One step removed from the brilliant idea you get in the middle of the night which you forget by the time you wake up.
  • Been there done that. I guess you could call it blogger burnout and you realize that you are just repeating what you've already covered.
  • Toyed with the idea of refocusing the blog on just one theme, but that would take too much effort. Besides, for every "genre" I pick, there is someone else doing it so much better.
  • PSP addiction. Although I still suck at Grand Theft Auto I find myself spending larger portions of my "time wasting time" trying to maneuver the streets of Liberty City. But as much as I might enjoy the game, I see that they are considering a live action version which just seems like a really bad idea. The game is a rich, immersive world that would make any other treatment seem one dimensional. Just when you think you've got it figured out, it throws a new twist at you. The other day I was fighting a Chinese triad (in the game, of course) and I had run out of weapons. I was successfully avoiding being slashed by the cleaver wielding gang members when a female pedestrian came up and started pummeling me and yelling as well. But what she was yelling at me was pretty much verbatim what an old girlfriend used to say during, shall we say "moments of intimacy". I found this so funny, I started laughing so hard I almost dropped the game. I need to stop playing this in the bathroom, since I get too into it and I lose track of time. Worse yet is that these extended sessions cause both my legs to fall asleep and then I can't stand up! (TMI, I'm sure.)
  • || JM, 11:25 PM

    2 Comments:

    I'm still laughing at that Dilbert. Except, for me, I'd have to change the word "coffee" to "Coke." ;)
    Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 AM  
    This is the stuff of nightmares or really great dreams - street fighting and being attacked by old lovers at the same time. As for the blogging, I get the same way off and on.
    Blogger Peacechick Mary, at 6:56 AM  

    Post a Comment