stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Bada Bing!

I couldn't help but shake my head when I read this about the Sopranos Tour that takes to to view local sites used in filming the show:

"Gareth Edwards, visiting from Wales with his wife, said the tour was a highlight of their five-day trip to New York City. 'I'm a big fan of The Sopranos. We've got all the DVDs,' he said. They ranked the tour as important as tours of other New York landmarks they visited, including the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center and ground zero. 'It's better than a museum,' added Edwards".

Jeese Louise, I'm as big of a fan of The Sopranos as anybody, but this is a bit much. Maybe it's because I've seen many of these sites before, and know that if I really wanted to see the others it's a short hop to do so, although I too would be disappointed to find the "Bada Bing" with clothed dancers. But to say that these rather mundane sites were "better than a museum" represents a kind of lowbrow refinement that I've come to expect from a country that elected a pretzel choking idiot twice to the highest office in the land, and not what I was expecting from those across the pond. Apparently I've given Europeans too much credit. Trust me, pick a museum or two if you are given the choice.
|| JM, 11:16 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment