stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, December 16, 2005

Media Matters

I suppressed my inclination to predict the outcome of last night's "The Apprentice", since most of my prognostications prove to be horribly wrong. This time however, I would not have been going out on a limb to predict that Randal would go home with all the marbles and that Trump would try to hire both of them. It's been obvious that he liked both of them, which is only natural since they are probably two of the most talented candidates that have ever been on the show. After a season of mass firings, you just knew that the temptation to do a double hiring might prove too much for the Trumpster to ignore.

I was more that a little bit surprised that Trump even ask Randal his opinion on the subject, and even more shocked that he that he vetoed the idea. But I completely agree with Randal that “It’s not ‘The Apprenti,’ it’s ‘The Apprentice.’” A tough call that seems in conflict with the lovefest that preceded it, but it's the right decision although I hate to see that Randal is now portrayed as selfish. I think it would have been a Jump The Shark moment, although the moving the show to LA seems to portend that event.

And speaking of bad ideas, I cringe to see that yet another Star Trek Movie may "boldly go" where we've gone before. Although I loved the "mirror universe" episodes of ST, and the one done in the final season of Enterprise was great, this movie idea seems like a retread of that. It seemed obvious that they probably had planned to have Shatner in that episode, but just couldn't "make it so". Just let it rest.
|| JM, 11:14 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment