stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Looking Back, Looking Forward

It seems like as we approach the end of the year, the temptation to look back proves too much for bloggers and MSM to ignore. Numerous "best of lists" appear and I promised myself I wouldn't join in on this trend. I almost caved in when I saw The 50 Greatest Gadgets of the Past 50 Years, but as entertaining as the list is, I can't agree with all their choices...and neither of these links count, btw. But I WILL continue to post the occasional McSweeney's List.

I only mention them since the gadget list made me aware of the History of the TV Remote Control. I was shocked to learn that channel surfing was born five decades ago! Another trend that I discovered too late. I didn't stumble into this until sometime in the 80's, just about the time I was asking myself, "Do I REALLY need a computer?" My, how things change.

But the gadget that I'm really looking forward to getting is this Super Multitasking Phone!
|| JM, 11:10 PM

1 Comments:

Yeah, I think I might have to look into this little gem. Just as soon as my finances recover from all this Christmas shopping...
Blogger Nicole, at 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment