stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Give Me Liberty

Bush keeps telling us that "there is an enemy among us who wants to hurt the American people." Probably the first statement that he's made in a long time that I agree with. Unfortunately, I'm referring to "43" and his administration, which probably isn't what he was talking about.

As he pursues his full court press towards renewal of the Patriot act, he continues to bang the drumbeat of "terrorism" and "fear" as he has done so successfully in the past. Luckily, that song doesn't play as well as it used to. And his track record of expanding and abusing presidential powers in increasingly questionable and shady areas such as torture, indefinite detention, and spying on US citizens should remind us what a slippery slope we are traversing.

Or as Shakespeare's Sister puts it: Everyone Who Buys This, Raise Their Hand. And then I’d like to talk to you about a bridge.
|| JM, 11:33 AM

1 Comments:

Hi john

You have a unique writing style that would do well on a get paid to write blogging site where I am a member.
The money earned will never make anyone rich but I have always managed to make a few bucks above and beyond my small membership fees.
The real value of the site lies in the feedback and the level of interaction between members. I can honestly say that over the 30 months that I have been a
member, my writing abilities have been elevated to a professional level and through member interaction, has opened numerous avenues for my efforts. Check it out, I'd bet you would do well.

http://www.blogit.com/Blogs/Affil/?15603

Gomedome
Blogger GT5admin, at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment