stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, November 04, 2005

Too Much Fun

Several days after Halloween and I'm still trying to finish off the bags of "Fun Sized" candies left over from the trick-or-treaters. Without trying to be a budget version of Jerry Seinfeld, one has to ask "What the hell is fun about fun size candy?" The fact that if you try really hard you can get two bites out of these mini-Snickers? Yea, that's fun. That I'm going to have to eat all the candy that the little costumed extortionists didn't get on Monday? Oh yea, that's fun that my waistline just didn't need.

But I guess I'd have to be crazy to expect truth in packaging. Sometimes (but not often enough) I forget that we live in a country where our President campaigned on bringing ethics and integrity back to government, and then he and his cronies manage to subvert truth and lead by intimidation and misinformation. Time after time Dubya says one thing and does just the opposite. So I guess in that context, the fun size bars make perfect sense.
|| JM, 12:05 AM

2 Comments:

mmm, snickers, any chance you could send me your leftovers?
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 AM  
Too late, they are finally gone.
Blogger JM, at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment