stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Monday, November 14, 2005

More Spin

Generally, taking any personal responsibility seems pretty much out of style these days. When things happen, it's always a result of other factors in the environment where these actions occur. Stepping up to the plate and taking ownership or blame seems like it's not the popular thing to do. So based on that, why should I be surprised to read that Doug Forrester says that the reason he lost the election for NJ governor is as a result of Bad News for Bush as Key to Loss. Un-f'ing believable.

"Mr. Forrester said his campaign had done all the right things we were supposed to do." Running the most negative mudslinging campaign I've ever seen is the right thing to do? Naw, I'm sure that didn't have anything to do with it.

And while I'm wearing my political hat (not to be confused with my tinfoil hat) Hoffmania points us to an excellent piece from Jimmy Carter: This isn't the real America.
|| JM, 10:58 AM

2 Comments:

I read that article from Jimmy and it made me homesick. I think we are in a foreign country.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:31 PM  
Yea, I'm strangely nostalgic for when America formed alliances, practiced diplomacy, and actually believed in freedom and equality. We pretty much just pay lip service to what used to be guiding principles these days.
Blogger JM, at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment