stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Memorable

I guess I've been suffering from a major case of blogger's malaise recently, so as I clicked on to FamousDays.com (VIA Bifurcated Rivets) I had expected yet another "ho-hum" reaction, which seems to be my response to everything recently. The site pulls up a pretty impressive and extensive list of events and birthdays that match the day you were born...even though many fall into the "who cares" category. I'm lucky enough to share my birthday with The Amazing Kreskin, Tom Dempsey, Rush Limbaugh, Kirstie Alley, Drew Pearson, and Howard Stern.

As Stern gets ready to say goodbye to free radio and shift to satellite, he's getting much media attention. I still listen occasionally, but find him less and less funny. He peaked creatively about the time Billy West left the show, and I usually only listen as I channel surf during commercials. Ever since I discovered Morning Sedition I find the humor of Marc Maron a far better way to start the day. Unfortunately, it looks like that habit will be coming to an end soon as well, since Beware of the Blog tells us that Maron is probably on the way out. Bummer.
|| JM, 12:11 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment